Robert Charles Broder1
ID# 1016, (1899-)
Robert Charles Broder was born in 1899 at Dromore West, Co Sligo, Ireland.2,3,4 He was the son of Thomas Broder and Jane Charlotte Morrison. He immigrated in 1929 to Quebec City, Quebec, on the SS Laurentic, sailing from Belfast on 14 Sep 1929 and arriving on 21 Sep 1929. He sailed alone and stated his intention to work as a motor engineer. His nearest relative was his father, living in Belfast. He was admitted to Canada as a landed immigrant.5 He married Sadie (--?--).3 He died at Canada.3
Last Edited=29 Jun 2013
- [S908] 1901, Co Sligo, Ireland, Census, Thomas Broder household; digital image, National Archives: Census of Ireland 1911 (http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie: accessed 10 Sept 2010).
- [S727] 1911, Co. Sligo, Ireland, Census, Thomas Broder household; digital image, National Archives: Census of Ireland 1911 (http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie: accessed 4 Jan 2010).
- [S906] Betty Cuffe Smith, "Family Group Sheets", 1972 - 2010 (Lakes Entrance, Victoria, Australia). "Researched and collated from official registers, including details from visits to Ireland, and personal contacts with family members world-wide" Copy privately held by Faye West.
- [S1665] Find My Past Ireland, online (http://www.findmypast.ie : accessed 2013), Ireland Births 1864-1958 Transcription, entry for Robert Charles Broder, Vol 4 Pg 160.
- [S1073] “Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935,” passenger record, ancestry (www.ancestry.ca: accessed 24 Jan 2011), Vol 25, page 149.