Samuel Robert James Manery
ID# 473, (1888-1980)
Samuel Robert James Manery|b. 14 Mar 1888\nd. 11 Apr 1980|p473.htm|William James Manery|b. 29 Apr 1859\nd. 13 May 1933|p2845.htm|Ellen Mary McCurdy|b. 15 Mar 1866\nd. 26 Sep 1951|p2846.htm|||||||||||||
Samuel Robert James Manery was born on 14 March 1888 at Barcelo Ranch, Similkameen Valley, British Columbia.1,2,3 He was the son of William James Manery and Ellen Mary McCurdy. A newspaper article (unknown paper) about Sam's 83rd birthday said: "Sam was the fourth white child to be born in the Similkameen Valley and the eldest of ten children."1 He was educated in 1907 at Columbia College, New Westminster, British Columbia.4 He lived near Cawston, Similkameen Valley, British Columbia, for most of his life.4 He married Mabel Elizabeth Broder, daughter of John Broder and Alice Mary Graves, on 11 January 1911 at Friday Harbor, San Juan County, Washington.4,5,6 Sam's 90th birthday was attended by almost his entire family. The event was documented in the Valley Times of 28 Mar 1978. He died on 11 April 1980 at Penticton, British Columbia, at age 92.3 He was buried on 14 April 1980 at Lakeview Cemetery, Penticton, British Columbia.3
Last Edited=16 Jan 2012
Children of Samuel Robert James Manery and Mabel Elizabeth Broder
- [S151] Sam Manery's birthday, Unknown Newspaper, probably Penticton, BC, Spring 1971. , DOC 069.
- [S576] Samuel Robert James Manery, Birth Registration 88-09-682587 (14 Mar 1888), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S583] Samuel Robert James Manery, Death Registration 80-09-006134 (14 Apr 1980), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S124] Mabel Manery (obituary), The Penticton Herald, Penticton, BC, 26 Feb 1958, pg 3. DOC 068.
- [S7] Letter from Elaine King Willson (Coquitlam, BC) to Faye West, May 1978; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). File: Broder, general. Elaine received info from Mabel Hallberg Broder (for Harold) and from Sam Manery (for Mabel).
- [S1233] Broder - Manery, San Juan Islander, Friday Harbor, Washington, 13 Jan 1911, 1.
- [S97] Birthday Book - belonged to Violet Jones, manuscript, c 1914, (individuals signed on their birthday page), privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S45] Barbara Hill, "Rev Graves Family," e-mail message from e-mail address (Berkeley, California) to Faye West, 9 Mar 2002.