Mabel Octella Hallberg1
ID# 474, (1892-1989)
Mabel Octella Hallberg was born on 23 October 1892 at Kettle Falls, Stevens County, Washington.2,3,4,5 She was the daughter of Samuel August Hallberg and Emma Charlotte Carlson.3,2 She lived at Ladysmith, British Columbia, in 1920.3 She married Harold Broder, son of John Broder and Alice Mary Graves, on 27 September 1920 at Vancouver, British Columbia.3 The 12 May 1921 edition of the North Pacific Union Gleaner reported that Mabel Octella Hallberg had returned to the Forest Home School in Tiger, Pend Oreille County, Washington, which she had previously attended, as a teacher.6 She and Harold Broder adopted Christopher Nicolas McGlashan and Eldine McGlashan about 1930 at Alaska.7 She was a teacher at the Seattle Junior Academy during the 1930s.8 She lived at Clackamas, Clackamas County, Oregon, in 1988.5 She died on 14 January 1989 at San Bernardino, Riverside County, California, at age 96.4,5 She was buried at Lincoln Memorial Park Cemetery, Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon.9
Last Edited=7 Sep 2011
Children of Mabel Octella Hallberg and Harold Broder
- [S7] Letter from Elaine King Willson (Coquitlam, BC) to Faye West, May 1978; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). File: Broder, general. Elaine received info from Mabel Hallberg Broder (for Harold) and from Sam Manery (for Mabel).
- [S1243] Hallberg, Birth Registration (14 Nov 1892), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S582] Harold Broder & Mabel Hallberg, Marriage Record (civil) 20-09-221927 (1 Oct 1920), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S911] Ancestry.com, online database, "California Death Index 1940-1997" (www.ancestry.ca : accessed 2010 - 2012).
- [S126] Social Security Death Index, online (https://familysearch.org : accessed 2007-2012).
- [S940] North Pacific Union Gleaner, 1921, Vol 16 No 19 p 6, on website Seventh Day Adventist Archives, online (http://www.adventistarchives.org/DocArchives.asp).
- [S954] John Broder, "Ernest Lloyd Broder," e-mail message from e-mail address (unknown address) to Faye West, 1 Dec 2010.
- [S940] The North Pacific Union Gleaner, October1938, Vol 33, No 39, p 39, on website Seventh Day Adventist Archives, online (http://www.adventistarchives.org/DocArchives.asp).
- [S648] Find a Grave, online (http://www.findagrave.com : accessed 2009 - 2012).
- [S45] Barbara Hill, "Rev Graves Family," e-mail message from e-mail address (Berkeley, California) to Faye West, 9 Mar 2002.