James Hamilton Doyle
ID# 1052, (1893-1980)
- Descendants of Michael Doyle (c1823-1878)
Descendants of Martin Dunn (died c 1847)
Descendants of John Hamilton (1797-1871)
Descendants of Michael Jordan (c 1801-bt 1863 - 1869)
James Hamilton Doyle was known as Jay. He was born on 1 December 1893 in New Westminster, British Columbia.1,2 He was the son of James Joseph Doyle and Mary Ann Hamilton.1 He married Aulene Benson, daughter of Milton Benson and Eliza (--?--), on 6 April 1915 in New Westminster, British Columbia.3 He registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Seattle, King County, Washington.4 He and Aulene Benson were divorced sometime between 1920 & 1930.5 He filed a Declaration of Intention to become a US citizen on 5 October 1932 in Seattle, Washington. However, in 1948 he applied for a resident alien's border crossing card, so apparently he did not complete the citizenship process.5 He died on 8 June 1980 in Fall City, King County, Washington, at age 86.6,7
Family tradition says that Jay was involved in a bar fight at the age of about 19 - later he was told that the man had died so he fled to the US where he lived the rest of his life.8 (note however that he was resident of New Westminster when he married at age 22. flw.)
Last Edited=14 Oct 2013
Children of James Hamilton Doyle and Aulene Benson
- [S85] Parish Register Entry, Baptism of James Hamilton Doyle, St Peter's Church, New Westminster, British Columbia.
- [S315] James Hamilton Doyle, Birth Registration 93-09-522966 (10 April 1926), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S300] James Doyle and Aulene Benson, Marriage Registration 126446, BC Archives, 655 Belleville Street, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S1696] James Hamilton Doyle, WW I Draft Registration, 5 Jun 1917, 46-1-14 A, Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1691] James Hamilton Doyle, Declaration of Intention, 35736 (5 Oct 1932); National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, DC.
- [S1615] “Washington Death Index 1940-1996” index to death registrations, Ancestry (ancestry.ca : accessed 2012), entry for James H Doyle; certificate 014235.
- [S126] Social Security Death Index, online (https://familysearch.org : accessed 2007-2014.)
- [S253] Interview with James & Bernard Doyle (in Lethbridge, AB), by Faye West, April 22, 2000.
- [S310] James Doyle, 1901 Census (New Westminster, British Columbia), Pg 15, Lines 28-35, Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario T-6429.
- [S468] 1911 Census (New Westminster, British Columbia), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, James Doyle household.
- [S1690] James Doyle household, 1920 U.S. Census, Seattle, King County, Washington, Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1695] “Washington Birth Index 1907-1919” index to birth registrations, Ancestry (ancestry.ca : accessed 2013), entry for Doyle Doyle.