Francis Joseph Doyle
ID# 14, (1898-1966)
- Descendants of Michael Doyle (c1823-1878)
Descendants of Martin Dunn (died c 1847)
Descendants of John Hamilton (1797-1871)
Descendants of Michael Jordan (c 1801-bt 1863 - 1869)
Francis Joseph Doyle was known as Frank. He was born on 6 October 1898 at New Westminster, British Columbia.1,2 He was the son of James Joseph Doyle and Mary Ann Hamilton.3,2,1
An article in the The Columbian on 5 June 1905 read:
"A little son of Mr. Doyle of the British Columbia Penitentiary Staff met with a painful accident yesterday afternoon about 12:00 o'clock. He was up in a cherry tree at the rear of Mrs. Leishman's residence when he missed his hold and fell a considerable distance to the ground, striking his head, and it was feared breaking a couple of ribs. His injuries were attended to by Dr. Hall. The little fellow is getting along nicely. No bones were broken, but the gash on his head was rather severe and necessitated about eight stitches."This was probably referring to Frank, who would have been under 7 at the time.
He married Laura Marie Monahan, daughter of David Ambrose Monahan and Florence M McPherson, on 28 September 1927 at Holy Rosary Cathedral, Vancouver, British Columbia.4,5 He was a salesman, manager & director at Finning Tractor Co, New Westminster, British Columbia, between 1930 and 1960.6,7 He lived at 4361 Pine Crescent, Vancouver, British Columbia, between 1953 and 1966.8,9,6 He died on 3 December 1966 of a heart attack at Vancouver, British Columbia, at age 68.6 He was buried on 7 December 1966 at Ocean View Burial Park, Burnaby, British Columbia.6
Last Edited=1 Oct 2013
Children of Francis Joseph Doyle and Laura Marie Monahan
- [S85] Parish Register Entry, Baptism of Francis Joseph Doyle, St Peter's Church, New Westminster, British Columbia.
- [S318] Francis Joseph Doyle, Birth Registration 98-09-522968 (8 April 1926), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S85] Parish Register Entry, St Peter's Church, New Westminster, British Columbia.
- [S87] Letter from Marie Doyle Corcoran (New Westminster, BC) to Faye West, Oct 1978; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). File: Doyle, correspondence.
- [S313] Francis Joseph Doyle & Laura Marie Monahan, Marriage Registration 27-09-317495 (30 Sep 1927), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S323] Francis Joseph Doyle, Death Registration 66-09-015508 (6 Dec 1966), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S253] Interview with James & Bernard Doyle (in Lethbridge, AB), by Faye West, April 22, 2000.
- [S258] Mary Ann Doyle, Funeral Home Record, Apr 1955, New Westminster Public Library, New Westminster, British Columbia.
- [S257] Mary Elizabeth Doyle, Funeral Home Record, August 1953, New Westminster Public Library, New Westminster, British Columbia.
- [S310] James Doyle, 1901 Census (New Westminster, British Columbia), Pg 15, Lines 28-35, Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario T-6429.
- [S468] 1911 Census (New Westminster, British Columbia), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, James Doyle household.
- [S1690] James Doyle household, 1920 U.S. Census, Seattle, King County, Washington, Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca