John Kenneth Hamilton
ID# 170, (1863-1942)
- Great-granduncle of Faye Louise Doyle
John Kenneth Hamilton was born on 11 October 1863 in South Crosby Twp, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario.1,2,3,4 He was the son of Charles Hamilton and Mary Jordan.5 He immigrated in 1886 to Langdon, Cavalier County, North Dakota.1,4 John returned to Ontario in 1890 where he married Elizabeth F Burns, daughter of John Burns and Lydia Nolan, on 12 February 1890 in St Philip Neri Church, Toledo, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario.6,7 After their marriage they returned to John's farm near Langdon, North Dakota. He was granted the southwest quarter of section eleven in township one hundred and sixty one north of range 60 west of the fifth principal meridian in North Dakota, containing 160 acres, 28 August 1893. He was the County Auditor for Cavalier County, North Dakota, from 1908 to 1914, after which he worked in the county auditor's office until his last illness.1,8 He was the County Treasurer for , North Dakota, in 1920.9 In August 1939, John and Elizabeth celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary a few months early, with their entire family in attendance, in Langdon, North Dakota. He died on 13 July 1942 in Langdon, North Dakota, at age 78.5,1,2
John K Hamilton
John's obituary appeared in the County Recorder, Langdon, North Dakota, on 16 July 1942.1 He was buried in Calvary Cemetery, Langdon, Cavalier County, North Dakota.5,2
Last Edited=10 Jan 2014
Children of John Kenneth Hamilton and Elizabeth F Burns
- James Wilford Hamilton+1,4 (1891-1944)
- Roy Hamilton+1,4 (1892-)
- Charles J Hamilton+1,4 (1895-1988)
- Thomas Laurence Hamilton1,4 (1896-1961)
- Catherine Hamilton4 (1897-1901)
- Mary Jane Hamilton+4 (1899-1943)
- Edith Eileen Hamilton+12 (1903-1985)
- Arthur Lawrence Hamilton+1,8,13 (1905-1988)
- Helen Hamilton8 (1908-1946)
- [S1528] Funeral Services Today for J. K. Hamilton, County Recorder, Langdon, North Dakota, 16 Jul 1942.
- [S648] Find a Grave, online (http://www.findagrave.com : accessed 2009 - 2015), entry for John K Hamilton in Calvary Cemetery, Cavalier, North Dakota.
- [S72] 1871 Census (Crosby South, Leeds, Ontario), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario C-10001.
- [S955] John K Hamilton, 1900 U.S. Census, Langdon, Cavalier, North Dakota, Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1635] John K Hamilton, Death Certificate 1220 (14 Jul 1942), North Dakota Dept of Health, Bismark, North Dakota.
- [S629] John Hamilton & Elizabeth Burns, Marriage Registration unknown number (12 Feb 1890), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1424] Baptisms, marriages, burials 1883-1910: marriage of John Hamilton & Elizabeth Burns, pg 287, St Philip Neri Church, Toledo, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario. Viewed on 2 Feb 2012, at familysearch.org, database: Ontario, Roman Catholic Church Records, 1760-1923, img 90.
- [S956] John K Hamilton, 1910 U.S. Census (Langdon, Cavalier, North Dakota), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S957] John K Hamilton, 1920 U.S. Census (Langdon, Cavalier, North Dakota ), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S72] 1871 Census (Crosby South, Leeds, Ontario), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario C-10001, Charles Hamilton family.
- [S73] 1881 Census (South Crosby, Leeds, Ontario), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario C-13232, Charles Hamilton family.
- [S1532] Edith Eileen Hamilton, Birth Registration extract (1 May 1903), Copy privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S1478] Letter from Jerome A Moore (Grosse Point Woods, MI) to Faye West, 27 Mar 2012; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). LET 010.