William Ronald MacDonald
ID# 1962, (1897-1960)
William Ronald MacDonald was born on 23 June 1897 at Jones Falls, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario.1,2,3 He was the son of Ronald William MacDonald and Frances Loretta Doyle.1 He was baptized on 25 July 1897 at St Philip Neri Church, Toledo, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario.1 William served as a private in the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry during WW1 and fought at Vimy Ridge and Passchendaele.3 He married Alice Maud Millar on 2 November 1923 at Napanee, Lennox & Addington County, Ontario.4,3 William and Alice had five children, four sons and one daughter.3 He died on 4 April 1960 at Toronto, Ontario, at age 62.3 He was buried at St John's Cemetery, Gananoque, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario.3
Last Edited=9 May 2014
- [S1424] Baptisms, marriages, burials 1883-1910: baptism of William Ronald McDonald, pg 117, St Philip Neri Church, Toledo, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario. Viewed on 2 Feb 2012, at familysearch.org, database: Ontario, Roman Catholic Church Records, 1760-1923, img 60.
- [S308] 1901 Census (Crosby South, Leeds South, Ontario), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario T-6478, (says 22 Jun 1897).
- [S1751] Judy Lendvay-Zwick, "My Grandfather's Family - Frances Doyle," e-mail message from e-mail address (Ontario) to Faye West, 8 May 2014.
- [S1753] Willliam MacDonald & Alice Millar, Marriage Registration 1896 (3 Nov 1923), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S308] 1901 Census (Crosby South, Leeds South, Ontario), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario T-6478.
- [S1755] Ronald MacDonald, 1911 Census (Ganaoque, Leeds, Ontario), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca