Philip Thomas Dunn
ID# 2436, (1869-1943)
Philip Thomas Dunn was born on 8 October 1869 in South Crosby Twp, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario.1,2 He was the son of James Dunn and Eliza Dunn.2 He was baptized on 14 October 1869 in St Edward the Confessor Church, Westport, Leeds & Grenville County, OntarioG.2 He was a cabinetmaker in Morton, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario.3 He was a carriagemaker in 1891.4 He married Gertrude McNulty.5 Philip did mining promotion work in Butte & Helena, Montana in the 1920's and later moved to San Diego, California.5,6 He died on 9 September 1943 in Los Angeles, California, at age 73.7,6
Last Edited=8 Jan 2013
- [S632] Philip Thomas Dunn, Birth Registration 006094 (5061) (14 Oct 1869), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1428] Volume C, Baptisms, marriages, burials 1868-1886: baptism of Philip Thomas Dunn; pg 31, St Edward the Confessor RC Church, Westport, Leeds & Grenville County, Ontario. Viewed on 2 Feb 2012, at familysearch.org, database: Ontario, Roman Catholic Church Records, 1760-1923, img 17.
- [S297] Susan Warren, Hub of the Rideau - a History of South Crosby Township (Township of South Crosby: The Local Architectural Conservation Advisory Committee, 1997).
- [S457] 1891 Census (South Crosby, Leeds South, Ontario), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario T-6350.
- [S633] Philip Thomas Dunn baptism, 16 Dec 1923, in Ontario French Catholic Church Records, Drouin Collection, Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S631] John Dunn, "The Two Doctors", in Hearth & Heritage: History of Chaffey's Lock & Area, Laurel Fleming, compiler. (Kingston: The Women's Institute of Chaffey's Lock, 1981).
- [S911] Ancestry.com, online database, "California Death Index 1940-1997" (www.ancestry.ca : accessed 2010 - 2012).
- [S72] 1871 Census (Crosby South, Leeds, Ontario), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario C-10001.
- [S73] 1881 Census (South Crosby, Leeds, Ontario), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario C-13232.