ID# 3027, (1845-1904)
John O'Grady was born in April 1845 at Ireland.1 He has also been reported to have been born in 1837.2 He married Mary Josephine Walsh about 1864.3,1 He and Mary Josephine Walsh immigrated in 1870 to the United States.1 He and Mary Josephine Walsh lived at 142 Western Ave, Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio.1 He was a gas meter adjuster.1 John, riding a white stallion, led the St Patrick's Day parade in Toledo. He was presented with a hand blown green glass walking stick in appreciation. John and Mary had seven children.1 He died on 23 December 1904 of apoplexy at Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio, at age 59.2,4 He was buried at Calvary Cemetery, Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio.4
Photograph by Courtesy of Marty McGeein
Last Edited=14 Mar 2012
- [S1404] John O'Grady, 1900 Federal Census (Toledo, Ohio), FamilySearch website, www.familysearch.org.
- [S1405] Family Search, online database, "Ohio Deaths and Burials 1854-1997" (familysearch.org : accessed 2011), John O'Grady.
- [S1400] Doyle Fitzgerald & McGeein families, notes by Marty McGeein, 2011, DOC 103, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S1442] Calvary Cemetery 1887-1905 Interments: burial of John O'Grady; page 196, Calvary Cemetery, Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio. Viewed on 2 Feb 2012, at familysearch.org, database: Ohio, Diocese of Toledo, Catholic Parish Records, 1796-2004, img 198.
- [S1406] Margaret Jane Doyle, Death Certificate 10649 (3 Feb 1948), FamilySearch website, www.familysearch.org.