Bernard Cyril Doyle
ID# 46, (1904-1989)
- Descendants of Michael Doyle (c1823-1878)
Descendants of Martin Dunn (died c 1847)
Descendants of John Hamilton (1797-1871)
Descendants of Michael Jordan (c 1801-bt 1863 - 1869)
Bernard Cyril Doyle was known as Cyril. He was born on 16 February 1904 at New Westminster, British Columbia.1 He was the son of James Joseph Doyle and Mary Ann Hamilton.1 He married Elizabeth June Barrat on 21 November 1935 at St Michael's Church, Sapperton, British Columbia.2 He played lacrosse for the New Westminster Salmonbellies and represented Canada in the 1928 Olympics in Amsterdam, Holland (story) where they won the Gold Medal. His nickname was Flicky.3 He and Elizabeth June Barrat had no children. He lived at Vancouver, British Columbia, in 1955.4 He died on 17 November 1989 at Vancouver, British Columbia, at age 85.5
Last Edited=20 Jan 2012
- [S85] Parish Register Entry, Baptism of Bernard Cyril Doyle, St Peter's Church, New Westminster, British Columbia.
- [S41] Letter from Elizabeth Doyle (Vancouver, BC) to Faye West, 24 Oct 1977; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). File: Doyle, correspondence (1).
- [S253] Interview with James & Bernard Doyle (in Lethbridge, AB), by Faye West, April 22, 2000.
- [S258] Mary Ann Doyle, Funeral Home Record, Apr 1955, New Westminster Public Library, New Westminster, British Columbia.
- [S84] BC Archives Online BMD Index, online (http://www.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca).