Bernard Cyril Doyle
ID# 46, (1904-1989)
- Descendants of Michael Doyle (c1823-1878)
Descendants of Martin Dunn (died c 1847)
Descendants of John Hamilton (1797-1871)
Descendants of Michael Jordan (c 1801-bt 1863 - 1869)
Bernard Cyril Doyle was known as Cyril. He was born on 16 February 1904 at New Westminster, British Columbia.1,2 He was the son of James Joseph Doyle and Mary Ann Hamilton.1 He married Elizabeth June Barrat on 21 November 1935 at St Michael's Church, Sapperton, British Columbia.3,4 He played lacrosse for the New Westminster Salmonbellies and represented Canada in the 1928 Olympics in Amsterdam, Holland (story) where they won the Gold Medal. His nickname was Flicky.5 He lived at Vancouver, British Columbia, in 1955.6 He died on 17 November 1989 of cardiac arrest at Vancouver at age 85.2 He was buried at Ocean View Burial Park, Burnaby, British Columbia.2 He and Elizabeth June Barrat had no children.
Last Edited=23 Sep 2013
- [S85] Parish Register Entry, Baptism of Bernard Cyril Doyle, St Peter's Church, New Westminster, British Columbia.
- [S1687] Bernard Cyril Doyle, Death Registration 018513 (20 Nov 1989), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S1688] Bernard Doyle & Elizabeth Barrat, Marriage Registration 35-09-430014 (28 Nov 1935), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S41] Letter from Elizabeth Doyle (Vancouver, BC) to Faye West, 24 Oct 1977; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). File: Doyle, correspondence (1).
- [S253] Interview with James & Bernard Doyle (in Lethbridge, AB), by Faye West, April 22, 2000.
- [S258] Mary Ann Doyle, Funeral Home Record, Apr 1955, New Westminster Public Library, New Westminster, British Columbia.