Robert Gordon Doyle
ID# 507, (1932-2014)
- Descendants of Michael Doyle (c1823-1878)
Descendants of Martin Dunn (died c 1847)
Descendants of John Hamilton (1797-1871)
Descendants of Michael Jordan (c 1801-bt 1863 - 1869)
Robert Gordon Doyle was known as Bob. He was born on 3 July 1932 in New Westminster, British Columbia.1,2 He was the son of Joseph Gordon Doyle and Ellen Gertrude Naas. He married first Maya Sandquist.2 He and Maya Sandquist were divorced. He married second Grace Forrer on 6 September 1965.2 After their marriage, he raised Grace's sons, David, Ron, and Scott, as his own. He was a jazz musician who played piano with many famous musicians, including Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder, Dizzy Gillespie and Oscar Peterson, when they visited Vancouver.3 He died on 24 November 2014 in Royal Columbian Hospital, New Westminster, British Columbia, at age 82.4,1 He was buried in Gardens of Gethsemani, Surrey, British Columbia.4,1
Bob's obituary appeared in the Vancouver Sun and/or Province, Vancouver, British Columbia, on 27 November 2014.
Another obituary appeared in the Upbeat Newsletter, Vancouver, British Columbia, in the Spring 2015 edition.5
Last Edited=1 Sep 2015
Children of Robert Gordon Doyle and Maya Sandquist
Children of Robert Gordon Doyle and Grace Forrer
- [S1784] Robert Gordon Doyle, Funeral Card, 24 November 2014, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S296] Scott Weber, database report, 2003, Burnaby, BC; copy privately held by Faye West.
- [S325] A look Back at good old days of jazz, Now, Coquitlam, BC, 8 June 1966.
- [S1783] Robert Gordon (Bob) Doyle, Vancouver Sun and/or Province, Vancouver, BC, 27 Nov 2014.
- [S1805] Doyle, Robert G, Upbeat Newsletter, Vancouver, BC, Spring 2015, viewed at http://www.vma145.ca/upbeat.html on 16 Aug 2015.