Robert Gordon Doyle
ID# 507, (1932-2014)
- Descendants of Michael Doyle (c1823-1878)
Descendants of Martin Dunn (died c 1847)
Descendants of John Hamilton (1797-1871)
Descendants of Michael Jordan (c 1801-bt 1863 - 1869)
Robert Gordon Doyle was known as Bob. He was born on 3 July 1932 at New Westminster, British Columbia.1,2 He was the son of Joseph Gordon Doyle and Ellen Gertrude Naas. He married first Maya Sandquist.2 He and Maya Sandquist were divorced. He married second Grace Forrer on 6 September 1965.2 After their marriage, he raised Grace's sons, David, Ron, and Scott, as his own. He was a jazz musician who played piano with many famous musicians, including Frank Sinatra, Stevie Wonder, Dizzy Gillespie and Oscar Peterson, when they visited Vancouver.3 He died on 24 November 2014 at Royal Columbian Hospital, New Westminster, British Columbia, at age 82.4,1 He was buried at Gardens of Gethsemani, Surrey, British Columbia.4,1
Bob's obituary appeared in the Vancouver Sun and/or Province, Vancouver, British Columbia, on 27 November 2014.
Last Edited=18 Dec 2014
Children of Robert Gordon Doyle and Maya Sandquist
Children of Robert Gordon Doyle and Grace Forrer
- [S1784] Robert Gordon Doyle, Funeral Card, 24 November 2014, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S296] Scott Weber, database report, 2003, Burnaby, BC; copy privately held by Faye West.
- [S325] A look Back at good old days of jazz, Now, Coquitlam, BC, 8 June 1966.
- [S1783] Robert Gordon (Bob) Doyle, Vancouver Sun and/or Province, Vancouver, BC, 27 Nov 2014.