Laura Marie Monahan
ID# 519, (1903-1990)
Laura Marie Monahan was known as Marie. She was born on 7 February 1903 in Chatham, Northumberland County, New Brunswick.1 She was the daughter of David Ambrose Monahan and Florence M McPherson.2,3 She was a saleslady in Vancouver, British Columbia, in 1927.2 She married Francis Joseph Doyle, son of James Joseph Doyle and Mary Ann Hamilton, on 28 September 1927 in Holy Rosary Cathedral, Vancouver, British Columbia.1,2 She was left a widow when Frank Doyle died on 3 December 1966.4 She died on 31 January 1990 of heart disease in her home in Vancouver, British Columbia at age 86.5 She was buried on 5 February 1990 in Ocean View Burial Park, Burnaby, British Columbia.5
Marie (Monahan) Doyle
Research Note: Marie's birth was probably not registered. I have not found a registration on the NB site, but there is a delayed registration for her brother Francis (born 1900; registered 1943).
Last Edited=10 Jan 2015
Children of Laura Marie Monahan and Francis Joseph Doyle
- [S87] Letter from Marie Doyle Corcoran (New Westminster, BC) to Faye West, Oct 1978; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). File: Doyle, correspondence.
- [S313] Francis Joseph Doyle & Laura Marie Monahan, Marriage Registration 27-09-317495 (30 Sep 1927), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S296] Scott Weber, database report, 2003, Burnaby, BC; copy privately held by Faye West.
- [S323] Francis Joseph Doyle, Death Registration 66-09-015508 (6 Dec 1966), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S1701] Marie Doyle, Death Registration 000802 (5 feb 1990), BC Archives, 655 Belleville Street, Victoria, British Columbia.