ID# 5339, (1883-1953)
Alfred Williams was born on 22 January 1883 in Birmingham, England.1,2 He was the son of Thomas Williams.1 He married Amy Hawkins in England.3,1 He immigrated in 1910 to Canada. He apparently left his family in England; his wife Amy Hawkins and daughters followed in May 1910.4 He was a blacksmith in Port Arthur, Ontario, in 1911.4 By 1921 Alfred Williams had moved to Maple Ridge, British Columbia, where he was a farmer.5 He was left a widower when Amy Hawkins died on 7 March 1952.3 He was a poultry farmer in Sechelt, British Columbia, when he died. He died on 6 March 1953 of aortic stenosis in Shaughnessy Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, at age 70.1 He was buried in Powell River, British Columbia.1
Last Edited=3 Feb 2014
Children of Alfred Williams and Amy Hawkins
- [S1737] Alfred Williams, Death Registration 53-09-002810 (7 Mar 1953), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S1742] Amy Williams & Gerald Zeron, Marriage Registration 35-09-430143 (29 Nov 1935), BC Archives, 655 Belleville Street, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S1738] Amy Williams, Death Registration 52-09-003254 (10 Mar 1952), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S1740] Alfred Williams, 1911 Census (Port Arthur, Thunder Bay, Ontario), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1741] Alfred Williams, 1921 Census (Maple Ridge, British Columbia), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1739] “Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935,” passenger record, ancestry (www.ancestry.ca: accessed 2 Feb 2014).