Gerda Louisa Naas1
ID# 968, (1901-1956)
- Descendants of Michael Doyle (c1823-1878)
Descendants of Martin Dunn (died c 1847)
Descendants of John Hamilton (1797-1871)
Descendants of Michael Jordan (c 1801-bt 1863 - 1869)
- Grandmother of Faye Louise Doyle
Gerda Louisa Naas was born on 4 November 1901 in Vaasa, Finland.1,2 She was the daughter of (--?--) Naas and Louise (--?--). It is believed that her parents were killed when their car collided with a train. She then became the foster daughter of Hulda Enegren. She immigrated to British Columbia with Hulda Enegren in 1907.3,2 She was known as Gertrude Louise Falk after 1909 when her foster mother married Andrew Falk. There is no record indicating that Gertrude applied for Canadian citizenship, however, she would have become a naturalized citizen automatically upon her marriage to Charles Doyle.4 She married Charles Michael Doyle, son of James Joseph Doyle and Mary Ann Hamilton, on 3 December 1921 in New Westminster, British Columbia.5 She and Charles Michael Doyle lived in 337 Holt Street, New Westminster, British Columbia.6 She witnessed the marriage of Charles' brother Joseph Gordon Doyle and her sister Ellen Gertrude Naas on 18 May 1927 in St Peter's Rectory, New Westminster, British Columbia.7 She and Charles Michael Doyle moved to 44 Leopold Place, New Westminster, British Columbia, about 1932.2,8 About 1942 they moved next door to 48 Leopold Place.8 She died on 3 November 1956 of a cerebro vascular accident (stroke) in New Westminster, British Columbia, at age 54.9,10 She was buried on 6 November 1956 in Fraser Cemetery, New Westminster, British Columbia.9
Gertrude Falk Doyle
Last Edited=23 Jul 2015
Children of Gerda Louisa Naas and Charles Michael Doyle
- [S204] Gerda Louisa Naas, Proof of Age, 1947, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S403] Gertrude Louise Doyle, National Registration, 313 (19 Aug 1940); Statistics Canada, Ottawa, Ontario.
- [S363] Hulda Falk, Death Registration 62-09-811568 (September 1962), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S550] Letter from Citizenship & Immigration Canada (Ottawa, Ontario) to Faye West, 20 Oct 2004; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). DOC 111.
- [S201] Charles Doyle & Gertrude Falk (Naas), Marriage Registration 1921-09-232129 (3 Dec 1921), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S148] James Gordon Doyle, Birth Certificate 96328 Vol 496 (29 Apr 1925), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S302] Joseph Gordon Doyle & Ellen Ness, Marriage Record (civil) 170/1927 (2 Jun 1927), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S506] Marion Doyle, "Re: Leopold Place," e-mail message from e-mail address (Lethbridge, AB) to Faye West, 31 Mar 2012.
- [S255] Gertrude Louise Doyle, Funeral Home Record, Nov 1956, New Westminster Public Library, New Westminster, British Columbia.
- [S321] Gertrude Louise Doyle, Death Registration 56-09-011728 (Nov 1956), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.