M, ID# 1175, (1804-1881)
John Camp was born on 20 May 1804 in Niagara Twp, Lincoln County, Ontario.1 He was the son of Robert Camp and Elizabeth Smith.1 He married first Elizabeth Jones, daughter of Andrew Jones and Anna Mary Slough, on 4 November 1823 in Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.2,3 He was left a widower when Elizabeth Jones died on 24 December 1849.2 He married second Esther (--?--).4 He died on 20 March 1881 in Dundas, Wentworth County, Ontario, at age 76.1,2 He was buried in Mt Zion Cemetery, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.5
Last Edited=5 Sep 2016
Children of John Camp and Elizabeth Jones
- [S61] Irene Harding, "Family Group Sheets", Jun 1981 (Salem, Oregon). Copy privately held by Faye West.
- [S407] Donald & Joyce Jones, database report, 22 Mar 2006, Islington, ON; copy privately held by Faye West: FTM file "Early Jones Family."
- [S707] Elizabeth Camp Tombstone, Camp/Skinner Burial Ground, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, June 2009.
- [S1833] Esther Camp Tombstone, Mt Zion Cemetery, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, 14 Apr 2002.
- [S92] Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid, online (http://www.islandnet.com/ocfa/ : accessed 2008-2013).