Alan Scott Drummond
M, ID# 1217, (1915-1949)
Alan Scott Drummond was known as Bink. He was born on 9 June 1915 at Balcarres, Saskatchewan.1 He was the son of Alexander Steele Drummond and Margaret Agnes Irwin.1 He married Audrey Lucille Jones, daughter of Emery Coe Jones and Jessie May Fulton, on 1 May 1943 at New Westminster, British Columbia.2,3 He was a mining engineer. He died on 10 March 1949 at age 33 at McDougall Hospital, Kimberley, British Columbia, as the result of a mining accident.4
Alan Scott Drummond
An item in the 1949 Annual Report of the Minister of Mines in British Columbia, page A268, read:
"On March 9th, 1949, Allan Scott Drummond, mining engineer and relief shiftboss, died as a result of multiple injuries received when he fell from a ladder which gave way while he was descending 39240 raise in the Sullivan mine. The raise was not a regular manway but was being examined by the deceased and another shiftboss. Drummond fell and rolled about 40 feet down a 50-degree slope."5,6
He was buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery, Burnaby, British Columbia.4
Last Edited=15 Apr 2014
Children of Alan Scott Drummond and Audrey Lucille Jones
- [S563] Alan Scott Drummond, Death Registration 49-09-003204 (1949), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia, DEA 039.
- [S945] Audrey Jones & Alan Drummond, Wedding Invitation, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S500] Wedding Trip to Harrison Hot Springs, The British Columbian, New Westminster, 1 May 1943.
- [S563] Alan Scott Drummond, Death Registration 49-09-003204 (1949), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S1475] Jerry Sherard, "Re My Loyalist Families - Alan Scott Drummond," e-mail message from e-mail address (unknown address) to Faye West, 26 Apr 2012.
- [S1476] British Columbia Ministry of Energy and Mines, Annual Report, "Annual Report for the Year ended 31st December 1949" (http://www.empr.gov.bc.ca/Mining/Geoscience/… : accessed 26 Apr 2012).
- [S152] "Violet Broder's birthday list," (manuscript, c 1960; DOC 020); privately held by Faye West; Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S1527] Jan West, "My Loyalist Families - Charles John Campbell," e-mail message from e-mail address (Victoria, BC) to Faye West, 2 Sep 2012.