M, ID# 1395, (1798-1901)
- 1st cousin 5 times removed of Faye Louise Doyle
Adam Misener was born on 20 February 1798 at Crowland Twp, Niagara District, Upper Canada.1 He was the son of Nicholas Misener and Jane McClain. He married first Mary Miller on 21 April 1821 at Jerseyville, Ancaster Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.2,3 Adam and Mary had four children. He married second Helen Coleman, daughter of John Coleman and Elizabeth Lawrason, on 21 April 1831 at Gore District, Canada West.4,3 He and Helen Coleman had six children; they also had an adopted daughter. He died on 21 September 1901 at Troy, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario, at age 103.1,5 He was buried at Troy Cemetery, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.1
Here are three articles about Adam.
Last Edited=18 Nov 2012
- [S241] Adam & Helen Misener Tombstone, Troy Cemetery, Troy, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, 14 Apr 2002.
- [S860] Robert Coleman, gedcom file, 09 Jun 2009, Scarborough, Ontario. Gedcom file "Descendants of Catherine Jones."
- [S387] Women's Institute of Troy Ontario, A History of the People of Troy (Hamilton, Ontario: Hamilton Printing Company, 1947).
- [S860] Robert Coleman, gedcom file, 09 Jun 2009, Scarborough, Ontario. Gedcom file "Descendants of Catherine Jones", The marriage bond for Adam and Helen was issued April 16, 1831. The bond, number 2456, ex C-6780, was issued at Brantford. The bondsmen were Henry Moe and Jeriah Bonham. Helen's name is given as Eleanor. The place of their marriage is unknown, but was almost certainly in the Gore District. Gore District records have not survived from the 1830s. It's possible that they were married in Brantford, but Beverly or Dumfries Townships are also possible.
- [S896] Adam Misener, Death Registration 029458 (31 Dec 1901), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca