Stanley Robert Broder
M, ID# 169, (1928-1989)
Stanley Robert Broder was born on 8 October 1928 in New Westminster, British Columbia.1 He was the son of Robert Roswell Broder and Violet Faye Jones. On 19 Oct 1944, Stanley Robert Broder and Bernard Patrick Doyle reported to police that they had seen cougar tracks in the park on their way to school. The incident was written up in the Vancouver Sun.2 As a teenager, Stan played hockey for his high school team, the Tech Tigers, and the New Westminster Falcons. He gave the bride away at the wedding of James Gordon Doyle and Marion Violet Broder on 20 July 1946 in St Peter's Church, New Westminster, British Columbia.3,4 He married Edna May McLeod, daughter of Hugh Alexander McLeod and Ethel Sarah Cooper, on 24 December 1948 in Lethbridge, Alberta.5 He was owner of Broder Canning Co in Lethbridge, Alberta, after his father's death in October 1956. He died on 27 September 1989 in Victoria, British Columbia, at age 60.6,7 His funeral was held on 30 September 1989 in Victoria, British Columbia.6
Last Edited=10 Apr 2016
Children of Stanley Robert Broder and Edna May McLeod
- [S86] Baby Broder, Birth Announcement, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S497] Cougar in Royal City, Vancouver Sun, Vancouver, BC, 19 Oct 1944.
- [S149] James Gordon Doyle & Marion Violet Broder, Marriage Certificate 1589 (25 Jul 1946), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S945] Marion Broder & James Doyle, Wedding Invitation, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S945] Stanley Broder & Edna McLeod, Wedding Invitation, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S329] Death Notices - Broder, Victoria Times Colonist, Victoria, BC, 30 Sept 1989.
- [S496] Basketball booster Broder dead at 59, Lethbridge Herald, Lethbridge, Alberta, 30 Sept 1989.