M, ID# 2557, (1777-1865)
- 4th great-grandfather of Faye Louise Doyle
Hugh Mulholland was born on 15 May 1777 in Schoharie County, New York.1,2 He immigrated to Canada in 1795 with his parents.3 He married Mary Wedge on 6 March 1804.3,4 In 1810 Hugh Mulholland settled Lot 9, Con 2N near Troy, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario. He was the first to settle in the area.5 Reverend Stoney, the first minister of the Beverly Circuit, preached in Hugh Mulholland's house in 1835, before a church was built in Troy.6,5 He died on 6 August 1865 in Beverly Twp, Ontario, at age 88.3 He was buried in Troy Cemetery, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.2
Last Edited=22 Jun 2015
Children of Hugh Mulholland and Mary Wedge
- David Mulholland1 (1805-1853)
- William Mulholland1 (c 1806-1856)
- James Mulholland1 (1810-)
- Marget Mulholland1 (1811-)
- John Mulholland+1 (1813-1877)
- George Mulholland1 (c 1814-1873)
- Nancy Mulholland1 (1817-)
- Mary Mulholland1 (1818-)
- Elizabeth Mulholland1 (1820-)
- Lucinda Mulholland1 (1821-1893)
- Hugh A Mulholland+1 (1823-1907)
- Phoebe Mulholland1 (1826-)
- [S404] Mulholland Family, Family Tree, Mar 1986, DOC 004, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S405] H A Misener, "Inscriptions from Troy Cemetery, Ontario", Families Vol. 11 no. 3 (Summer 1972).
- [S1492] Donald A McKenzie, compiler, Death Notices From the Christian Advocate, 1858 to 1872 (Campbellville, Ontario: Global Heritage Press, 2008), p 215. "Mulholland, Hugh was born in New York state in 1777, came to Canada with his parents in 1795, and married Mary Wedge in 1804. He died in Beverly twp., near the village of Troy, Aug. 6, 1865; survived by his wife and a number of sons and daughters. - Oct. 18, 1865, p 4, O."
- [S1492] Donald A McKenzie, compiler, Death Notices From the Christian Advocate, 1858 to 1872 (Campbellville, Ontario: Global Heritage Press, 2008), p 215. "Mulholland, Mrs. Mary was born in New Jersey March 18, 1786, came to Canada in childhood, married Hugh Mulolland, March 6, 1804, and had 12 children. She died Dec. 29, 1867, at the residence of her son and family, Beverly; predeceased by her husband in 1865. - Feb. 26, 1868, p. 4."
- [S177] John A Cornell, Pioneers of Beverly (1889; reprint Galt, ON: The Highland Press, 1967).
- [S387] Women's Institute of Troy Ontario, A History of the People of Troy (Hamilton, Ontario: Hamilton Printing Company, 1947).