John Kitchen Jones1
M, ID# 2596, (1857-1929)
John Kitchen Jones was born on 26 August 1857 at Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.1 He was the son of George Jones and Rachel Kitchen.2 He married Cynthia Cornell.1 He died on 7 April 1929 at Hamilton, Ontario, at age 71.3 He was buried at Hamilton Mausoleum, Hamilton, Wentworth County, Ontario.1
John Kitchen Jones
An entry in the Rockton World's Fair (1912) book says:
"Mr John K Jones, of Beverly township, was born near Orkney, fifty-five years ago. His father was the late George Jones, J.P., who for many years was a member of Beverly township council. Mr Jones' entrance to public life was in January, 1903, when he was elected to the council of his native township. For four years he retained his seat in the council. He served as Deputy Reeve for 1910 and 1911.
" Mr Jones is a member of the Methodist congregation which recently erected a splendid new church building at Copetown.
"He has been eminently successful in the pursuit of his chosen calling, as is evidenced by the fact that he owns a spendid 125 acre farm near Lynden in addition to the valuable farm near Christie's Corners. He has built a beautiful house in Lynden, where he has retired for the present. Mr Jones has always been an enthusiastic supporter of fraternal societies, and is at present a member of the A.O.U.W., K.O.T.M. and a Past Master of Dufferin Masonic Lodge. He has had the honor of being elected the first Worshipful Master of the new Masonic lodge at Lynden."4
Last Edited=4 Apr 2013
- [S605] Thomas Waugh Jones, "Jones Lineage & History", 1932. Copy privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S430] Jones Family, Document by Albert Jones(?), 1920s updated 1958, FAM 002, Copy privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S740] Ray Fink, "RE: My website updates," e-mail message from e-mail address (Jackson, Wyoming) to Faye West, 29 Jan 2010.
- [S738] Rockton Agricultural Society, Diamond jubilee souvenir prize list (Rockton, Ontario: n.pub., 1912), http://www.archive.org/details/1912worldsfairun00worluoft
- [S1653] Letter from Emery Coe Jones (New Westminster, BC) to Clifford Jones, 28 Sep 1958; copy privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). Letter contains a hand-drawn chart of descendants of James Jones. Letter details sources of the information., From Albert Jones about 1902.