M, ID# 3010, (c 1804-1893)
Clement was born about July 1804 in Langtree, Devonshire, England.2,3 He married Elizabeth Veal.1 He immigrated in 1832 and settled in Beverly Twp in 1835.2 He was left a widower when Elizabeth Veal died on 9 April 1861.4,5 John was a Councillor, Deputy Reeve, and Reeve in Beverly Twp for 15 years.1 He died on 24 April 1893.2,3 He was buried in Troy Cemetery, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.4
Last Edited=7 Oct 2011
- [S387] Women's Institute of Troy Ontario, A History of the People of Troy (Hamilton, Ontario: Hamilton Printing Company, 1947).
- [S177] John A Cornell, Pioneers of Beverly (1889; reprint Galt, ON: The Highland Press, 1967).
- [S68] Troy Cemetery Transcriptions, online (http://www.interment.net/data/canada/ontario/wentworth/bev/… : accessed 30 May 2008).
- [S405] H A Misener, "Inscriptions from Troy Cemetery, Ontario", Families Vol. 11 no. 3 (Summer 1972).
- [S1267] Elizabeth Clement Tombstone, Troy Cemetery, Troy, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, 2009.