F, ID# 3255, (1799-1895)
Helen Coleman was born on 28 October 1799 at Pennsylvania.1,2 She was the daughter of John Coleman and Elizabeth Lawrason.1 She married Adam Misener, son of Nicholas Misener and Jane McClain, on 21 April 1831 at Gore District, Canada West.3,4 She and Adam Misener had six children; they also had an adopted daughter. She died on 16 April 1895 at Troy, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario, at age 95.2,5 She was buried at Troy Cemetery, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.1
Helen (Coleman) Misener
Last Edited=18 Nov 2012
- [S860] Robert Coleman, gedcom file, 09 Jun 2009, Scarborough, Ontario. Gedcom file "Descendants of Catherine Jones."
- [S241] Adam & Helen Misener Tombstone, Troy Cemetery, Troy, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, 14 Apr 2002.
- [S860] Robert Coleman, gedcom file, 09 Jun 2009, Scarborough, Ontario. Gedcom file "Descendants of Catherine Jones", The marriage bond for Adam and Helen was issued April 16, 1831. The bond, number 2456, ex C-6780, was issued at Brantford. The bondsmen were Henry Moe and Jeriah Bonham. Helen's name is given as Eleanor. The place of their marriage is unknown, but was almost certainly in the Gore District. Gore District records have not survived from the 1830s. It's possible that they were married in Brantford, but Beverly or Dumfries Townships are also possible.
- [S387] Women's Institute of Troy Ontario, A History of the People of Troy (Hamilton, Ontario: Hamilton Printing Company, 1947).
- [S898] Helen Coleman Misener, Death Registration 019139 (17 Apr 1895), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca