M, ID# 567, (1801-1875)
Peter Jones was born on 21 June 1801 at Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.1,2 He was the son of Andrew Jones and Anna Mary Slough. He married Esther Decker on 16 May 1825 at Beverly Twp, Ontario.3 He and Esther Decker moved to Malahide Twp, Elgin County, Ontario, in 1853.4 He died on 18 February 1875 at Malahide Twp, Ontario, at age 73.3,1,4 He was buried at Dunboyne Cemetery, Malahide Twp, Elgin County, Ontario.5,1,4
The descendants of Peter Jones and Esther Decker are recorded in the Peter Jones line on this site.
Last Edited=21 Sep 2012
- [S594] Dunboyne Cemetery Transcriptions, online (http://www.elginogs.ca/Home/ancestor-indexes/gravestones/… : accessed 20 Sep 2012).
- [S605] Thomas Waugh Jones, "Jones Lineage & History", 1932. Copy privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S407] Donald & Joyce Jones, database report, 22 Mar 2006, Islington, ON; copy privately held by Faye West: FTM file "Early Jones Family."
- [S651] Peter & Esther Jones, unknown newspaper title, unknown location.
- [S409] Donald & Joyce Jones, Research Notes, 22 Mar 2006; copy privately held by Faye West.