F, ID# 585, (1779-)
Sarah Jones was born in 1779 in Ulster County, New York.1,2 She was the daughter of James Jones and Christianah Folk. She married John Mann before 1801.3 She and John Mann lived in Niagara Twp, Lincoln County, Ontario,4 and in Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.4 Sarah Jones and John Mann were the parents of 3 sons and many daughters.4
Last Edited=12 Feb 2017
- [S407] Donald & Joyce Jones, database report, 22 Mar 2006, Islington, ON; copy privately held by Faye West: FTM file "Early Jones Family."
- [S1838] Norman K. Crowder, Early Ontario Settlers, A Source Book (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1993), pg. 30 titled Return of Persons under the Description of Loyalists, Specifying the Numbers, Ages and Sexes of each family in Capt. McKinnon's Company in the Corps of Rangers at Niagara, 1 December 1783: "Ja's Jones 49; Mrs. Jones 39; Andrew Jones 17; Marcy Jones 15; Samuel Jones 12; Elizabeth Jones 11; Jonathan Jones 9; Sarah Jones 4; Nansy Jones 6."
- [S1525] Robert Coleman, "Sarah Jones Mann," e-mail message from e-mail address (Toronto, On) to Faye West, 22 aug 2012, (Sarah Jones Mann's land petition was signed in Oct 1801).
- [S742] Maggie Parnall, "RE: My website updates," e-mail message from e-mail address (Ontario) to Faye West, 30 Jan 2010.
- [S1504] Judy Lindsay, "Hello from Australia," e-mail message from e-mail address (Australia) to Faye West, 21 Jul 2012.