M, ID# 721, (bt 1823 - 1824-c 1870)
- 2nd great-grandfather of Faye Louise Doyle
Misener was born between 1823 and 1824 in Jersey Settlement, Ancaster Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.2 He was the son of William Misener and Margaret Miller. He married first Elizabeth (--?--). He married second Mary Ann Steves about 1849. He lived in Lynden, Wentworth County, Ontario. He married third Margaret Elizabeth Glover on 16 March 1860 in Lynden, Ontario.3,4,5 He lived in Manitoulin Island, Ontario.1 He died about 1870.
"John Misener kept hotel in Lynden, Ontario for a number of years. Mary Ann is buried in the Stenabaugh cemetery about eight miles east of Brantford. His second wife was an Irish girl and they were married in Lynden, then moved to Manitoulin Island. John Arthur and Catherine resided in Michigan at Ann Arbor and Jackson. Horace became a sea captain and lived in Boston, Mass."1
Last Edited=15 Apr 2014
Children of John Misener and Mary Ann Steves
Children of John Misener and Margaret Elizabeth Lathan
- John Arthur Misener (1861-)
- Gertrude Misener10 (1861-)
- David Misener (1864-)
- Horace Misener (1866-)
- Parker Misener (1869-)
- [S27] Misener Family, manuscript, compiled by Harley Misener, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta. Online: http://www.fayewest.ca/documents/misener.pdf
- [S1750] Sophia Kivell, Death Registration 040723 (4 Apr 1920), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S189] Letter from Harley Misener (Brantford, ON) to Violet Broder, 21 Mar 1971; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). DOC 094.
- [S190] Letter from Harley Misener (Brantford, ON) to Violet Broder, 17 Sep 1967; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). File: Misener, general.
- [S481] “Ontario, Canada Marriages, 1801-1928” marriage registrations, Ancestry (ancestry.ca : accessed 2011), marriage of John Misner and Margaret Glover.
- [S1128] John Misener, 1851 Census (Ancaster, Wentworth, Canada West), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S425] John Misener, 1861 Census (Ancaster, Wentworth, Canada West), Pg 24, lines 26-36, Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario.
- [S195] Samuel & Eliza (Misener) Kivell Tombstone, Lynden Cemetery, Lynden, Wentworth County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, 14 Apr 2002.
- [S165] Mary Ann Jones (obituary), The Daily Columbian, New Westminster, BC, 23 July 1945.
- [S53] Letter from Violet Broder (Lethbridge, AB) to Harley Misener, 5 Dec 1967; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). File: Misener, general.