John Clapp Striker
ID#  1135, (1791-1863)
John Clapp Striker|b. 31 Jan 1791\nd. 27 Sep 1863|p1135.htm|Samson Striker|b. 15 Dec 1754\nd. 7 Apr 1832|p1129.htm|Ursula Clapp|b. 2 Sep 1758\nd. 13 Feb 1813|p1130.htm|John Stryker|b. 1719\nd. 1759|p1131.htm|Sarah Crooker|d. 1768|p1132.htm|Joseph Clapp|b. c 1728\nd. aft 1800|p2131.htm|Mercy Carpenter||p2137.htm|
John Clapp Striker was born on 31 January 1791 at Prince Edward County, Ontario.2 He was the son of Samson Striker and Ursula Clapp.1 He was a constable at Midland District, Upper Canada, in 1815.3 He married Florand Brown on 2 November 1819 at Adolphustown, Lennox & Addington County, Ontario.4 John filed a petition for a grant of land as the son of Loyalist Samson Striker on 24 Jan 1826. This petition also states that he had "done his duty in defense of th Province during the late war". He swore an Oath of Allegiance to King George IV on 2 Mar 1826.5 He died on 27 September 1863 at age 72.4,2 He was buried at Cherry Valley Cemetery, Athol Twp, Prince Edward County, Ontario.4,2
Last Edited=26 Nov 2008
Children of John Clapp Striker and Florand Brown
- Ursula Striker4 (1820-1820)
- Margaret Striker4 (1821-)
- Cornelius Striker4 (1823-1888)
- Celinda Striker4 (1825-)
- Sarah Matilda Striker4 (1828-)
- John Wesley Striker4 (1830-1875)
- William Anson Striker4 (1833-1888)
- Harriet Florand Striker+4 (1835-1913)
- Hiram Striker+4 (1837-1901)
- James Franklin Striker4 (1839-1912)
- [S267] Barbara Hill, database report, 2 Aug 2003, Berkeley, California. FTM report "Descendants of Jacobus Gerritsen STRYCKER."
- [S346] John Clapp Striker & Florand Brown Tombstone, Cherry Valley Cemetery, Cherry Valley, Prince Edward County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, 7 June 2004.
- [S337] Constables of the Midland District, List, REC-CRT-002-1, Marilyn Adams Genealogical Research Centre, Ameliasburg, Prince Edward County, Ontario.
- [S542] Barbara Hill, database report, 10 Jul 2003, Berkeley, California. FTM report "Descendants of Elias CLAPP."
- [S442] Upper Cananda Land Petitions and Grants 1791 - 1867, RG 1, L3; (Ottawa, ON: Library and Archives Canada).