Joseph Clapp Striker
ID#  1136, (1791-1871)
Joseph Clapp Striker|b. Nov 1791\nd. 5 Sep 1871|p1136.htm|Samson Striker|b. 15 Dec 1754\nd. 7 Apr 1832|p1129.htm|Ursula Clapp|b. 2 Sep 1758\nd. 13 Feb 1813|p1130.htm|John Stryker|b. 1719\nd. 1759|p1131.htm|Sarah Crooker|d. 1768|p1132.htm|Joseph Clapp|b. c 1728\nd. aft 1800|p2131.htm|Mercy Carpenter||p2137.htm|
Joseph Clapp Striker was born in November 1791 at Prince Edward County, Ontario.2 He was the son of Samson Striker and Ursula Clapp.1 Joseph swore an Oath of Allegiance to King George IV on 15 October 1812.3 He filed a petition for a land grant of 200 acres as the son of Sampson Striker on 30 January 1817. This petition also states that he "did his duty in defense of the Province during the late war."3 He married Azubah Fraser.4 He died on 5 September 1871 at Prince Edward County, Ontario, at age 79.4,2 He was buried at Cherry Valley Cemetery, Athol Twp, Prince Edward County, Ontario.4,2
Last Edited=3 Dec 2009
Children of Joseph Clapp Striker and Azubah Fraser
- [S267] Barbara Hill, database report, 2 Aug 2003, Berkeley, California. FTM report "Descendants of Jacobus Gerritsen STRYCKER."
- [S342] Joseph Clapp Striker & Azubah Fraser Tombstone, Cherry Valley Cemetery, Cherry Valley, Prince Edward County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, 7 June 2004.
- [S442] Upper Cananda Land Petitions and Grants 1791 - 1867, RG 1, L3; (Ottawa, ON: Library and Archives Canada).
- [S542] Barbara Hill, database report, 10 Jul 2003, Berkeley, California. FTM report "Descendants of Elias CLAPP."
- [S341] Clarissa Striker Tombstone, Cherry Valley Cemetery, Cherry Valley, Prince Edward County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, Feb 27 1845.