Jarvis Clapp Striker
ID#  1138, (1804-1876)
Jarvis Clapp Striker|b. 15 Apr 1804\nd. 12 Sep 1876|p1138.htm|Samson Striker|b. 15 Dec 1754\nd. 7 Apr 1832|p1129.htm|Ursula Clapp|b. 2 Sep 1758\nd. 13 Feb 1813|p1130.htm|John Stryker|b. 1719\nd. 1759|p1131.htm|Sarah Crooker|d. 1768|p1132.htm|Joseph Clapp|b. c 1728\nd. aft 1800|p2131.htm|Mercy Carpenter||p2137.htm|
Jarvis Clapp Striker was born on 15 April 1804 at Prince Edward County, Ontario.2 He was the son of Samson Striker and Ursula Clapp.1 Jarvis filed a petition for a grant of 200 acres as the son of Samson Striker on 24 Jan 1826. This petition also states the he had "done his duty in defense of the Province during the late war". He swore an Oath of Allegiance to King George IV on 2 Mar 1826.3 He was elected as a Poundkeeper at Hallowell Twp, Prince Edward County, Ontario, on 13 January 1834.4 He married Maria Huyck, daughter of Andrew Huyck and Elizabeth Young.5,6 He and Maria Huyck had no children.5 He died on 12 September 1876 at age 72.5,2 He was buried at Locie Cemetery, Hillier Twp, Prince Edward County, Ontario.5,2
Last Edited=23 Sep 2011
- [S267] Barbara Hill, database report, 2 Aug 2003, Berkeley, California. FTM report "Descendants of Jacobus Gerritsen STRYCKER."
- [S344] Jarvis Striker Tombstone, Locie Cemetery, Hillier Twp, Prince Edward County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, 7 June 2004.
- [S442] Upper Cananda Land Petitions and Grants 1791 - 1867, RG 1, L3; (Ottawa, ON: Library and Archives Canada).
- [S339] Elected Officials, Transcript of Hallowell Free Press, 13 Jan 1834, LIS-BMD-020-02, Marilyn Adams Genealogical Research Centre, Ameliasburg, Prince Edward County, Ontario.
- [S542] Barbara Hill, database report, 10 Jul 2003, Berkeley, California. FTM report "Descendants of Elias CLAPP."
- [S450] Unknown author, Pioneer Life on the Bay of Quinte (1904; reprint Bellville, ON: Mika Silkscreening Co, 1972). Online at http://www.archive.org/details/pioneerlifeonbay00torouoft
- [S439] 1851 Census (Ameliasburg, Prince Edward, Canada West), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario C-11750.