Stanley Robert Broder
ID#  169, (1928-1989)
Stanley Robert Broder was born on 8 October 1928 at New Westminster, British Columbia.1 He was the son of Robert Roswell Broder and Violet Faye Jones. On 19 Oct 1944, Stanley Robert Broder and Bernard Patrick Doyle reported to police that they had seen cougar tracks in the park on their way to school. The incident was written up in the Vancouver Sun.2 As a teenager, Stan played hockey for his high school team, the Tech Tigers, and the New Westminster Falcons. He married Edna May McLeod, daughter of Hugh Alexander McLeod and Ethel Sarah Cooper, on 24 December 1948 at Lethbridge, Alberta.3 He was owner of Broder Canning Co at Lethbridge, Alberta, after his father's death in October 1956. He died on 27 September 1989 at Victoria, British Columbia, at age 60.4,5 His funeral was held on 30 September 1989 at Victoria, British Columbia.4
Last Edited=28 Oct 2011
Children of Stanley Robert Broder and Edna May McLeod
- [S86] Baby Broder, Birth Announcement, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S497] Cougar in Royal City, Vancouver Sun, Vancouver, BC, 19 Oct 1944.
- [S945] Stanley Broder & Edna McLeod, Wedding Invitation, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S329] Death Notices - Broder, Victoria Times Colonist, Victoria, BC, 30 Sept 1989.
- [S496] Basketball booster Broder dead at 59, Lethbridge Herald, Lethbridge, Alberta, 30 Sept 1989.