ID#  2194, (1863-1926)
Viloria Ross was born on 11 May 1863 in Iowa.1,2,3 She was the daughter of Dr Luther Ross and Melissa B Clapp.2 She was the twin sister of Victoria Ross. She married first Christian Trimmer Manker on 30 November 1881 in Lyon County, Kansas.2 She and Christian Trimmer Manker were divorced about 1910.4 She married second William Allen Houtchens about 1911 probably in Spokane, Spokane County, Washington, where they were both living at the time.4 She was left a widow when William Allen Houtchens died on 21 April 1912.5,6 As of about 1913, Viloria Ross was sometimes known as Vera.7,8 She married third William R Malonek on 27 November 1913 in Butte, Silver Bow County, Montana.7 This marriage apparently didn't last for very long; Viloria appears in the Butte, Montana, city directories in 1913, 1914, and 1915 as Vera Houtchens. William re-appears in Green River, Wyoming, on the 1920 census, married to "Annie".4 Viloria married fourth Charles Gilbert Carpenter. She died on 19 February 1926 near Snoqualmie Falls, King County, Washington, at age 62.1,9 She was buried in Fall City Cemetery, Fall City, King County, Washington.1
Last Edited=8 Dec 2013
Children of Viloria Ross and Christian Trimmer Manker
- [S1732] Viloria Carpenter Tombstone, Fall City Cemetery, Fall City, King County, Washington.
- [S542] Barbara Hill, database report, 10 Jul 2003, Berkeley, California. FTM report "Descendants of Elias CLAPP."
- [S1432] Carolyn Jones, "Jacob E Kirk Family," e-mail message from e-mail address (Emmaus, PA) to Faye West, 29 Jan 2012.
- [S1724] Butte City Directory (Detroit, Michigan: R. L. Polk, 1913, 1914, 1915), where she is listed as the widow of William A Houtchens.
- [S1042] Washington State Archives, online database, "Washington Death Records Online" (http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov : accessed 2010 - 2015), entry for William Houtchins, viewed 8 Dec 2013.
- [S1727] Spokane City Directory (Detroit, Michigan: R. L. Polk, 1912).
- [S1731] Viloria Ross & William Malonek, Marriage License & Certificate 5599 (1 Dec 1913), FamilySearch website, www.familysearch.org, Reference ID: item 1 rn 5599, GS Film number:1906804, Digital Folder Number: 4278542, Image Number: 574.
- [S1724] Butte City Directory (Detroit, Michigan: R. L. Polk, 1913, 1914, 1915).
- [S1733] Viloria Carpenter, Death Certificate unknown number, Washington Digital Archives, http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov, (gives her name as Victoria).
- [S1066] Luther Ross, 1870 U.S. Census, Davenport, Scott County, Iowa, Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1067] Luther Ross, 1880 U.S. Census, Americus, Lyon County, Kansas, Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S1734] Charles Carpenter household, 1920 U.S. Census, Snoqualmie Township, King County, Washington, Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca, they were enumerated as "Parpenter."
- [S267] Barbara Hill, database report, 2 Aug 2003, Berkeley, California. FTM report "Descendants of Jacobus Gerritsen STRYCKER."