ID# 3108, (1799-1867)
John Lowry was born on 10 August 1799 in Springfield, Robertson County, Tennessee.1,2 He was the son of William Lowry and Mary (Polly) Norris.3 He married second Anna Maria Johnston on 13 February 1853 in Manti, Sanpete County, Utah Territory.4,1,5 He died on 7 January 1867 in Manti, Utah Territory, at age 67.2,3,1 He was buried in Manti Cemetery, Manti, Sanpete County, Utah.2
Last Edited=11 Aug 2014
- [S1655] Anna Maria Johnston Lowry, biography by Barbara Burbank Kenny, copy privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S1763] John Lowry Sr Tombstone, Manti Cemetery, Manti, Sanpete County, Utah.
- [S1764] History of San Pete & Emery Counties Utah (Ogden: W. H. Lever, 1896); digital image. FamilySearch, familysearch.org (https://dcms.lds.org/delivery/DeliveryManagerServlet accessed July 2014).
- [S827] Magrath's Old Resident Buried, Lethbridge Herald, Lethbridge, AB, 15 Dec 1936, 3.
- [S648] Find a Grave, online (http://www.findagrave.com : accessed 2009 - 2013), entry for John Lowry Sr, memorial # 42881297.