ID# 902, (1854-1929)
Orson Hall was born on 23 March 1854 in South Weber, Davis County, Utah. He was the son of Joshua Challis Hall and Sally Ann Bybee. He married first Eliza Ann Tracy, daughter of Eli Alexander Tracy and Eliza Ann Sprague, on 26 January 1877 in Huntsville, Weber County, Utah. Orson and Eliza lived in Huntsville, Utah after their marriage. In 1888 Orson and Eliza moved to Dry Fork, Utah. He was left a widower when Eliza Ann Tracy died on 14 November 1901.1 He immigrated with his children in 1902 to Raymond, Alberta. Shortly afterwards, they moved to Magrath before finally settling in Taber.2 He married second Maria Hall, daughter of Richard Hall and Anna Maria Singleton, on 11 March 1908 in Magrath, Alberta. He and Maria Hall took up a homestead at Taber, Alberta, in 1908.3 He died on 9 May 1929 in Taber, Alberta, at age 75. He had suffered a stroke while vacationing in California about 18 months earlier.2,4
Orson's obituary appeared in the Lethbridge Herald, Lethbridge, Alberta, on 10 May 1929. He was buried on 12 May 1929 in Taber, Alberta.
A biography of Orson, written by a granddaughter, is here.
Last Edited=25 May 2014
Children of Orson Hall and Eliza Ann Tracy
Children of Orson Hall and Maria Hall
- [S1554] Eliza Hall Tombstone, Dry Fork Cemetery, Vernal, Uintah County, Utah.
- [S852] Orson Hall, One of Pioneers of Taber, Succumbs, Lethbridge Herald, Lethbridge, AB, 10 May 1929, 5.
- [S828] Long Resident of Taber Passes, Lethbridge Herald, Lethbridge, AB, 30 Mar 1951, 3.
- [S1451] Interview with June Hall West (Taber, Alberta), by Earl Ellingson, 1991.
- [S1715] Mary Elizabeth Hall, Family Tree (FamilySearch website), https://familysearch.org/tree/…, viewed on 20 Oct 2013.