Essex Jones Williams1
ID# 1497, (1853-1940)
Essex Jones Williams was born on 29 December 1853 in Corhawnagh, Ballisodare, Co Sligo, IrelandG.2,3,1 He was the son of Thomas Williams (1808-1881) and Fanny Hillas. Family tradition says the name Essex came from the name of a ship docked at Sligo when Thomas visited the port after Essex’s birth.1 He married Julia Broder, daughter of Robert Broder and Margaret Cuffe, on 23 July 1885 in St George's Church of Ireland, Tubbercurry, Co Sligo, IrelandG.4 He died on 1 June 1940 in Co Sligo, Ireland, at age 86.3 He was buried in Church of Ireland, Ballisodare, Co Sligo, IrelandG.3
Last Edited=28 Jul 2019
Children of Essex Jones Williams and Julia Broder
- [S1133] Robert McKim Carter, "Some descendants of James Broder," e-mail message from e-mail address (Australia) to Faye West, 10 Apr 2011.
- [S727] 1911, Co. Sligo, Ireland, Census, Essex Williams household; digital image, National Archives: Census of Ireland 1911 (http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie: accessed 4 Jan 2010).
- [S906] Betty Cuffe Smith, "Family Group Sheets", 1972 - 2010 (Lakes Entrance, Victoria, Australia). "Researched and collated from official registers, including details from visits to Ireland, and personal contacts with family members world-wide" Copy privately held by Faye West.
- [S2007] Julia Broder & Essex Williams, Marriage Registration, Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, www.irishgenealogy.ie, viewed July 2019.
- [S908] 1901, Co Sligo, Ireland, Census, Essex Williams household; digital image, National Archives: Census of Ireland 1911 (http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie: accessed 10 Sept 2010).