John Clapp Striker
ID#  1135, (1791-1863)
John Clapp Striker was born on 31 January 1791 in Prince Edward County, Ontario.1 He was the son of Samson Striker and Ursula Clapp.2 He was a constable in Midland District, Upper Canada, in 1815.3 He married Florand Brown on 2 November 1819 in Adolphustown, Lennox & Addington County, Ontario.4 John filed a petition for a grant of land as the son of Loyalist Samson Striker on 24 Jan 1826. This petition also states that he had "done his duty in defense of th Province during the late war". He swore an Oath of Allegiance to King George IV on 2 Mar 1826.5 He was left a widower when Florand Brown died on 20 September 1847.1,4 He died on 27 September 1863 at age 72.1,4 He was buried in Cherry Valley Cemetery, Athol Twp, Prince Edward County, OntarioG.1,4
Last Edited=15 Oct 2018
Children of John Clapp Striker and Florand Brown
- Ursula Striker4 (1820-1820)
- Margaret Striker4 (1821-)
- Cornelius Striker4 (1823-1888)
- Celinda Striker4 (1825-)
- Sarah Matilda Striker4 (1828-)
- John Wesley Striker4 (1830-1875)
- William Anson Striker4 (1833-1888)
- Harriet Florand Striker+4 (1835-1913)
- Hiram Striker+4 (1837-1901)
- James Franklin Striker4 (1839-1912)
- [S346] John Clapp Striker & Florand Brown Tombstone, Cherry Valley Cemetery, Cherry Valley, Prince Edward County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, 7 June 2004.
- [S267] Barbara Hill, database report, 2 Aug 2003, Berkeley, California. FTM report "Descendants of Jacobus Gerritsen STRYCKER."
- [S337] Constables of the Midland District, List, REC-CRT-002-1, Marilyn Adams Genealogical Research Centre, Ameliasburg, Prince Edward County, Ontario.
- [S542] Barbara Hill, database report, 10 Jul 2003, Berkeley, California. FTM report "Descendants of Elias CLAPP."
- [S442] Upper Cananda Land Petitions and Grants 1791 - 1867, RG 1, L3; (Ottawa, ON: Library and Archives Canada).