M, ID# 1519, (1818-1888)
Thomas Clement was born on 9 March 1818 in England.1,2,3 He was the son of William Clement and Jane O'Brien.4 He immigrated in 1832 to Canada.4 He immigrated to Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario, with his father William Clement and Mary O'Brien in 1832.4 He married Susannah Jones, daughter of James Jones and Hannah Goodale, in 1842.5,6 He was left a widower when Susannah Jones died on 3 April 1882.1,7,8,6 He died on 23 August 1888 at age 70.1,3 He was buried in Troy Cemetery, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.3
Last Edited=4 Oct 2018
Children of Thomas Clement and Susannah Jones
- [S68] Troy Cemetery Transcriptions, online (http://www.interment.net/data/canada/ontario/wentworth/bev/…).
- [S535] Thomas Clement, 1881 Census (Beverly, Wentworth, Ontario), Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario C-13256.
- [S616] Thomas Clement Tombstone, Troy Cemetery, Troy, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, June 2009.
- [S387] Women's Institute of Troy Ontario, A History of the People of Troy (Hamilton, Ontario: Hamilton Printing Company, 1947).
- [S392] Clement & Misener & Jones Families, Notes of Elizabeth Nowell, 2005, File: Jones, general, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S780] Donald A McKenzie, compiler, Obituaries from "The Canada Christian Advocate", 1873-1884 (Ottawa: McKenzie, 1998).
- [S405] H A Misener, "Inscriptions from Troy Cemetery, Ontario", Families Vol. 11 no. 3 (Summer 1972).
- [S698] Susannah Jones Clement, Death Registration 019318 (25 Apr 1882), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S664] Thomas Clement, 1861 Census (Beverly, Wentworth County, Canada West), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S680] Thomas Clement, 1871 Census (Beverly, Wentworth County, Ontario), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca