ID#  516, (1769-1830)
Benjamin Graves|b. 25 Jul 1769\nd. 25 Aug 1830|p516.htm|Roswell Graves|b. 1739\nd. aft 27 Aug 1776|p583.htm|Elizabeth Driggs|d. 23 Jan 1807|p594.htm|Benjamin Graves|b. 25 Jul 1699|p648.htm|Mary Jones|b. c 1703\nd. b 18 Feb 1777|p658.htm|Daniel Driggs|b. 17 May 1721\nd. c 23 Jan 1798|p401.htm|Elizabeth Strickland|b. 16 Mar 1720/21\nd. c 1760|p402.htm|
- 4th great-grandfather of Faye Louise Doyle
Benjamin Graves was born on 25 July 1769 at East Haddam, Middlesex County, Connecticut.1,2 He was the son of Roswell Graves and Elizabeth Driggs.1,2 He married first Lucy Arnold, daughter of Joseph Arnold and Hulda Hubbard, on 24 November 1790 at Millington Church, East Haddam, Middlesex County, Connecticut.1,3 He was ordained on 3 Oct 1803 and served as pastor of Old South Church in Middletown, Connecticut for 30 years. He married second Esther Miller, daughter of Joshua Miller and Anna Starr, on 25 August 1810. He died on 25 August 1830 at Middletown, Middlesex County, Connecticut, at age 61.1
Last Edited=23 Jan 2011
Children of Benjamin Graves and Lucy Arnold
- Lucy Graves (1792-)
- Rhoda Graves (1794-1879)
- Benjamin Graves (1797-)
- Roswell Graves+1 (1799-1882)
- Harriet Graves (1802-)
Children of Benjamin Graves and Esther Miller
- [S25] Lineage application of Bertha May Graves Sealock, #443473, DAR.
- [S10] David Taft, Pedigree Resource File Disc 15., CD-ROM (Salt Lake City, UT: LDS Family History Library), Graves family.
- [S158] Fredrick W Bailey, Early Connecticut Marriages (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co, 1968).
- [S1069] Barbara Hill, "re: Esther (Miller) Graves," e-mail message from e-mail address (Berkeley, California) to Faye West, 22 Jan 2011, (cites John Graves, 1635 Settler of Concord, MA and His Descendants by Kenneth Vance Graves (Wrentham, Mass., 2002)).