Emery Coe Jones
M, ID# 531, (1879-1964)
Emery Coe Jones was born on 20 June 1879 in Copetown, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.1,2,3 He was the son of Amos Randall Jones and Mary Ann Misener.3 He was a teacher at the Orkney School which his mother had attended as a child. Emery taught there to earn enough money to attend dental college.4 He married Jessie May Fulton, daughter of Humphrey Ford Fulton and Elizabeth Keefer Boyd, on 1 June 1912 in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio.5 On 4 June 1912, the couple boarded the Canadian Pacific Railroad (C.P.R.) train for the West Coast. Much to the chagrin of the bride, Emery spent most of his time quietly reading Gray’s Anatomy, as he was writing the examinations set by the Board of Dental examiners for B.C. the following week. On 19 July 1912 Jessie and Emery arrived in British Columbia from Hamilton, Ontario, and moved into a home at 331 Pine Street in New Westminster.5 After learning of his successful examination & registration, Emery joined the partnership of Drs. Holmes, MacSween and Jones in New Westminster, British Columbia. Some years later Emery opened a dental practice for himself where he practiced until he retired in 1958.5,3 He and Jessie May Fulton lived in 239 6th Ave, New Westminster, British Columbia, in 1916. From 1917, Emery Jones was a Council member of the BC College of Dental Surgeons and in 1919 he became the President. He was President again in 1945.6 He and Jessie May Fulton lived in 301 6th Ave, New Westminster, British Columbia, in 1945.7 He and Jessie May Fulton lived in 708 - 527 Ash Street, New Westminster, British Columbia, in 1964.3 He died on 21 March 1964 in New Westminster, British Columbia, at age 84.3 He was cremated on 24 March 1964 in Vancouver Crematorium, Vancouver, British Columbia.3
Last Edited=13 Aug 2017
Children of Emery Coe Jones and Jessie May Fulton
- [S166] Jones & Broder Families, notes of Violet Broder, c 1960, DOC 084 & 085, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S97] Birthday Book - belonged to Violet Jones, manuscript, c 1914, (individuals signed on their birthday page), privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S578] Emery Jones, Death Registration 64-09-004901 (1964), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S516] Letter from Violet Broder (Lethbridge, AB) to Harley Misener, 10 Aug 1967; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). LET 002.
- [S561] Heather Powell, "pics and info for you to add to Jones website," e-mail message from e-mail address (Wellsville, UT) to Faye West, 15 Feb 2009.
- [S365] Janet Khong, "Corrections," e-mail message from e-mail address (Vancouver BC) to Faye West, 22 Feb 2005.
- [S259] Mary Ann Jones, Funeral Home Record, Feb 1945, New Westminster Public Library, New Westminster, British Columbia.
- [S668] Amos R Jones, 1881 Census (Beverly, Wentworth County, Ontario), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S669] Amos R Jones, 1891 Census (East Flamboro, Wentworth County, Ontario), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S683] Mary Ann Jones, 1911 Census (Hamilton, Ontario), Ancestry, http://www.ancestry.ca
- [S152] "Violet Broder's birthday list," (manuscript, c 1960; DOC 020); privately held by Faye West; Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S222] Ralph Clifford Jones, Funeral Card, 10 Jan 1970, DOC 049, Copy privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S223] Priel Jones (obituary), Unknown Newspaper, unknown location.