Marcellus N Colvig
ID#  1119, (1841-1906)
Marcellus N Colvig was born on 25 December 1841 in Athens County, Ohio.1 He was the son of William Lyngae Colvig and Helen M Woodford.2 Marcellus fought with Company C, 1st Regiment, Oregon Infantry during the Civil War. He was discharged with the rank of Corporal.3 He married Agnes Helen Graves, daughter of Roswell Graves and Eugenia C Clapp, on 23 September 1888 in San Francisco, San Francisco County, California.4,5 He was a telegrapher.6 He died on 30 May 1906 in Canyonville, Douglas County, Oregon, at age 64.1 He was buried in Canyonville Cemetery, Canyonville, Douglas County, Oregon.2
Last Edited=23 Sep 2011
Children of Marcellus N Colvig and Agnes Helen Graves
- [S45] Barbara Hill, "Rev Graves Family," e-mail message from e-mail address (Berkeley, California) to Faye West, 9 Mar 2002.
- [S648] Find a Grave, online (http://www.findagrave.com : accessed 2009 - 2015).
- [S758] US Civil War Soldiers, online (ancestry.ca : accessed 22 Feb 2010).
- [S147] Letter from Ella (Graves) Ross (unknown author address) to Bertha May Graves, 17 Sep 1888; privately held by Faye West (Edmonton, Alberta). File: Graves, general.
- [S542] Barbara Hill, database report, 10 Jul 2003, Berkeley, California. FTM report "Descendants of Elias CLAPP."
- [S749] Frank Venable & Inez Colvig, Marriage Registration 1916-09-084606 (15 Dec 1916), BC Vital Statistics Agency, Victoria, British Columbia.
- [S126] Social Security Death Index, online (https://familysearch.org : accessed 2007-2014).