M, ID# 560, (1767-1850)
Andrew Jones was born on 11 January 1767 in Ulster County, New York.1,2 He was the son of James Jones and Christianah Folk. He was baptized on 5 February 1767 in Kaatsbaan Church, Ulster County, New York.3 He married Anna Mary Slough, daughter of George Jacob Slough and Anna Catherine Gee, on 6 March 1790 in St Mark's Church, Niagara, Ontario.2 Andrew filed a number of land petitions. In August of 1795 he sought, on behalf of himself and his siblings, the remainder of the land owing to his father.4 Andrew's land petition dated 5 May 1797 says married 9 years with 2 children living.5,6 He purchased 100 acres from Daniel Cornwall on 21 September 1801: the south half of Lot 33, Con 2, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.2 He purchased 100 acres from Nicholas Surarus on 14 April 1804: the south half of Lot 34, Con 2, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.2 He was left a widower when Anna Mary Slough died on 21 December 1843.1 He died on 23 May 1850 in Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario, at age 83.1 He was buried in Copetown Cemetery, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario.1,2
Last Edited=4 Feb 2019
Children of Andrew Jones and Anna Mary Slough
- Abram Jones (1791-1791)
- Margaret (Martha) Jones (1793-1865)
- James Jones+ (1795-1860)
- Jonathan Jones (1797-1797)
- Catherine Jones+5 (1798-1860)
- Peter Jones (1801-1875)
- Phoebe Jones (1804-)
- Elizabeth Jones+ (1806-1849)
- Mary Jones (1806-c 1806)
- George Jones+7 (1808-1898)
- Andrew Jones (1810-1904)
- Mary Jones1 (1814-1833)
- [S176] Andrew Jones & Mary Slough Tombstone, Copetown Cemetery, Copetown, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, 14 Apr 2002.
- [S605] Thomas Waugh Jones, "Jones Lineage & History", 1932. Copy privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta.
- [S409] Donald & Joyce Jones, Research Notes, 22 Mar 2006; copy privately held by Faye West.
- [S1766] Andrew Jones and others Land Petition; 1 Aug 1795; Volume 254, J1/23; RG1, L3; Library & Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario.
- [S177] John A Cornell, Pioneers of Beverly (1889; reprint Galt, ON: The Highland Press, 1967).
- [S366] Descendants of James Jones & Hannah Goodale, manuscript, compiled by Walter Scott Jones; revised by Harley A Misener, privately held by Faye West, Edmonton, Alberta. Online: https://www.fayewest.ca/documents/jones_descendants.pdf
- [S179] George Jones & Rachel Kitchen Tombstone, Copetown Cemetery, Copetown, Beverly Twp, Wentworth County, Ontario; recorded/photographed by Faye West, 14 Apr 2002.